Monday 6 July 2015

CURRENTLY LOVING | NUDE PROGENIUS RESCUE OIL

Nude Skincare ProGenius Omega Treatment Rescue Oil
Now in the summer, my combination skin doesn't know what to do. Its hot, so everything gets oily quicker, and moisturiser is a no-no. But, at the same time, the heat can dry it out, causing dehydrated and dull looking skin. Enter this lovely little product (and cult favourite) that I got in last month's You Beauty Discovery Box - the Nude ProGenius Omega Treatment Rescue Oil.

Now I'm not one to spend a fortune on skincare unless I know 100% that it works for me - I've had too many disappointments in the past and my student budgets can't really accommodate any purchase fails. So although I'd had my eye on the hyped up Nude products, I had no intention of purchasing anything just yet. Then I saw an adorable mini 5ml sample size of the Nude Skincare ProGenius Omega Treatment Rescue Oil featured in the You Beauty Discovery subscription box that a few of the other bloggers I follow had posted about. I saw my opportunity and pounced, quickly signing up.

This little rescue oil is described as 'an ultra-sheer, skin saving oil that revives and smooths texture with powerful antioxidant protection', and is heralded as being all natural and vegan. It contains bakuchinol to repair and refine skin texture, coleus root and rosemary extract to clarify complexion and rosehip seeds to gently exfoliate. The 30ml bottle comes in at a whopping £58, which to put it politely, is mildly terrifying. So using this - such a luxury skincare item that I would never have considered buying for myself - has been a bit of a treat to say the least.


Nude Skincare ProGenius Omega Treatment Rescue Oil

I've heard on the great interweb that you can try to combat oily skin with more oil. But, while being a very lightweight product, for my skin in particular, it was still a little too oily and just didn't work for me during the day. Although my skin was lovely and moisturised (especially my dry bits around my mouth, nose and forehead), my face was also getting shiny pretty quickly, with or without makeup on, and didn't have that 'matte' feeling I've heard other bloggers talk about. So instead I tried using it at night, and I'm so glad I did! Come morning my skin was baby soft and far more radiant, and as the product had completely sunk in overnight - no oilyness!

Now I use a few drops of this rescue oil any time my skin is feeling a little dry, drab, or dull on a freshly cleansed face just before bedtime. It sinks in overnight and gives the perfect hydration boost without excess grease - so perfect for anyone with combination skin like me. I've been using it maybe once or twice a week, whenever my skin has needed it, and a little really does go a long way (as two drops can do my whole face and neck).

I'm of two minds whether to purchase the full sized product, as the product really does work for my skin, but it is also really expensive. I will say that if you ever get an opportunity to try a sample sized bottle like this, really do, especially if you have combination skin!


Nude Skincare ProGenius Omega Treatment Rescue Oil (£58 for 30ml) can be bought from the Nude Skincare website, or Space NK

What products are you currently loving? I'd love to hear from you!

Instagram | Tumblr | Pinterest | Bloglovin ]

PS | To find out more about the cruelty free status of Nude Skincare, check their FAQ here.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Light in the Wasteland. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig