Monday 26 October 2015

FIRST POP! VINYL FIGURE - DANCING GROOT BOBBLEHEAD

One of these things is not like the others ... it's the first Pop! Vinyl figure in my collection! I've been eyeing up Pop! figures for a while, and the temptation to start a collection has been immense (especially since I sell them at work!), so I was thrilled to receive this little chappie.

For my birthday last month my boyfriend was sweet enough to gift me the Guardians of the Galaxy Pop! Vinyl Bobblehead: Dancing Groot (RRP £9.99). I love Guardians of the Galaxy (even more than Avengers, but shhh don't tell anyone!) and what made the film for me was definitely Groot and Rocket's friendship. The fact that Rocket could understand exactly what he was saying, even though to everyone else he was just repeating 'I Am Groot' in different tones of voice, was just precious, and that scene where Groot saves them all? It gets me every time. 

But one of my favourite scenes in the film is all the way at the very end ... that little bonus clip in the mid-credits where a now baby Groot is dancing along to the Jackson 5 while Drax is cleaning his blade. Click here if you don't know what I'm talking about or just want to re-watch the cuteness! So, it was a very good choice on his part, and now our own baby Groot is chilling with the cacti as well as the golden Homer Buddha and Supernatural Impala (from last month's Loot Crate) as well as my Dragon Age Inquisition tarot cards

As a bobblehead, Groot just looks adorable! I'm not usually a fan of them, as they just look a bit rediculous, but it works so well with him. The actual sculpt is lovely, he's so detailed and has little vines and furrows in the wood - some very nice touches, as they could have easily left him smooth. His little chubby face is also just super cute, too! I like how the paint job is in realistic colours, and his hands and leaves have a sort of brown to green gradient going on - it makes him sit so nicely with my actual plants as he doesn't look super out of place. 

I'd never really seen myself as a figure collector, but these Pop! Vinyls have really changed my mind. There's loads that I have my eye on, and they're bringing out more all the time. Hopefully our little collection will grow into something magical - I'll keep you updated!


By the way, if you haven't seen the film, I highly recommend it. It has something for everyone, is wicked funny and has a fantastic soundtrack. It's now one of my favourite films, ever. 


Do you have a figure collection? What was your first?

Instagram Tumblr Pinterest Bloglovin Youtube ]
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Light in the Wasteland. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig