Wednesday 21 October 2015

LUSH KITCHEN LIMITED EDITION SCENTS

 
Over the past few weeks, Lush Kitchen ran a little scent versus scent competition - pitting old favourites against new releases - and the winners were made into limited edition perfumes sold exclusively in the Lush Kitchen. I got up early specifically to order my favourites, and I'm glad I did as these babies sold out fast! They will be releasing another batch some time in the future, so don't worry if you missed out! Until then, here's what I ordered.  




The winners were American Cream (with the same strawberries and cream scent as the conditioner), Rose Jam (like the iconic Christmas shower gel), Twilight (with the beautiful sweet lavender scent of the bath bombFrozen (like the new fresh smelling bath bomb) and Honey I Washed the Kids (like the old favourite caramel scented soap). Each scent came in 30ml liquid bottles as well as solid form, so we could pick and choose what kind of perfume we wanted. I decided to get one full bottle of the scent I knew I'd love, and solids of the the others I liked the sound of. 


Firstly, I picked up a 30ml bottle of Rose Jam perfume (£32). I had to. Rose Jam is one of my favourite Lush scents ever. For me, it's the perfect mix of sweet and floral, with Turkish rose, vanilla pods, argan oil and Sicilian lemon. This perfume certainly does it justice, and on my skin it cycles through the individual notes very nicely before settling into the classic scent. I'm so glad I got this as a liquid, rather than as a solid, as while the solids are really good, they are a bit limiting. Basically what I'm saying is that I'm glad I can douse myself in this stuff. I could spray my skin, hair, clothes, bedding ... so that everything smells like Rose Jam. The price, while sounding pretty daunting at first, is actually pretty standard for a decent sized bottle of perfume, and is comparable to more mainstream brands (as well as being a lot nicer!). So altogether, I am very happy with this product and would heartily recommend it to any other lover of the scent.

Next, I picked up two solids. I was incredibly tempted to get one of each, but at £9 a piece that would really add up. So instead, I decided to get my two favourites - Twilight and Honey I Washed the Kids. The solids are easy to use - the product comes out easily and is pretty potent, so you don't have to spent ages trying to put it on. Of course, they're not as versatile as the liquids in terms of where you can apply them, but they're the perfect travelling size and easy to stick in your bag for top ups throughout the day. 


I was torn between getting a full sized bottle or a solid of Twilight, and in the end settled for getting the Twilight solid perfume (£9). However, upon smelling it, I wish I got the full bottle! This stuff is so nice, even nicer than the original bath bomb in my opinion. Twilight is made up of lavender, and the milky caramel scents of benzoin and tonka - making a beautifully calming yet sweet floral. It sits well on the skin and lasts for ages. When I was testing it out, I kept getting wafts of it, which was wonderful. My partner, not knowing what I had on, said I smelled like oatmeal - which I can kind of understand, as it's a very sweet and comforting scent. By the way, this isn't an obnoxious lavender scent, so if you're wary of smelling like typical 'old lady', don't worry!

The last scent I chose was the Honey I Washed the Kids solid perfume (£9). I knew I only wanted the small size of this scent as I wasn't sure how sweet it would be. The original soap smells so nice, sweet and comforting, like crème brûlée. It's made up of sweet wild orange, bergamot, beeswax and honey - and in perfume form you can smell the individual notes more than you can in the soap. In the soap it smells like pudding, but as a perfume it's far more complex, but still incredibly sweet. Its too sweet for me for everyday wear, but on occasion, and especially around this time of year, I get a feelin' for some super sweet scents. So although this won't be a daily wear for me, I'm glad to have it. 



You can visit the Lush Kitchen here. They regularly update about products and new releases on their instagram page, so I recommend following them if you want to keep in the loop (particularly if you want to grab these perfumes next time they're released!).

Did anyone else get a limited edition Lush Kitchen perfume, or are you going to grab one next time they're released?


PS | If you want to read more about Lush's cruelty free policies, click here.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Light in the Wasteland. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig